In celebration of Carers Rights Day, Reading and West Berkshire Carers Hub are hosting a free information event in West Berkshire.
Thursday 21st November 10am – 3pm
Monks Lane, Newbury
For further information, and to book a place please call the Carers Hub on 0118 324 7333, or alternatively email email@example.com
Guest Speakers and Information Stalls
Who are carers?
Carers provide unpaid care by looking after an ill, older or disabled family member, friend or partner. It could be a few hours a week or round the clock.
See overleaf for more details of event.
10:30 – 11:30 Time Finders
- Are you worried about the future?
- Thinking of moving somewhere more manageable
- Caring at a distance?
- Need an Independent Advocate?
11:30 – 11:45 Care UK
- Dementia Café
- Dementia Cinema
- Combating loneliness
- Dementia Friendly
11:45 – 12:00 Miracle Workers
- Live in Care long term and short term
12:00 – 12:15 West Berkshire Young Carers
- Help and advice for young carers in West Berkshire
- Making sure you get regular breaks to spend time with friends
- Supporting you and making sure you’ve got someone to talk to
12:15 – 12:30 West Berkshire Carer Parent Forum
- WBPCF aims to support parent carers to participate, and have a voice in how services for disabled and special needs children are shaped and delivered locally
12:30 – 13:15 Newbury College
- Carers Service – CV and Interview Tips
- Opportunities for Learning and Distant Learning
- Mental Health Learning
- Specialist Learning in West Berkshire full and part time
- Hair and beauty